Dealing With Water Damage: Dos and Don’ts
Water is not the best thing to have when it is dripping from your ceilings, all around the floor, and staining the walls. Just like so many other homeowners, you may have faced water damage in your house. Despite how common it is seen among homeowners, many don’t know the do’s and don'ts of water damage. So, throughout this article, we will explain what you should do and not do when discovering water damage.
What Should You Do When Discovering a Water Damage
- Document Every Step: One of the best things that a homeowner can do when faced with water damage is to document everything. Take videos, and photos, write down everything, and get a witness. At that point, you need to make sure to prove that your house was flooded to your insurance.
- Secure The Environment: For the safety of everyone, you must secure the environment. If there are kids or old people in the house, get them to a safe place. You must be calm and well-equipped. Make sure to shut down the electricity and water valve.
- Call The Insurance: The next thing is to call the insurance company. Explain to them your situation and ask for more directions. Upon this, they will direct you and cover your damage.
- Call a Water Damage Service: To get your house back to its original state, you need a water damage cleanup service to clean any water inside the house, dry out the affected space, remove the water, and disinfect the area. Call Tidal Wave Restoration to learn more.
What Should You Not Do When Discovering a Water Damage
- Don’t Use Electrical Appliances: We all have heard that electricity and water don’t go well together. When electricity comes in contact with water, the water acts as a conductor. That’s why not using any electrical appliance is for the safety of you and the people around you.
- Wait And Delay The Process: One main feature of water damage is that the longer you wait and delay the process, the more damage your house will face. So, don’t wait to take action. Call your insurance company and call a water damage removal service quickly.
- Don’t Try To Clean Places of High Risk: If you know that it is risky for you to take action or clean an area, don’t risk it. Professionals in this industry work with modern equipment to clean and disinfect the area.
Tidal Wave Restoration
In this article, we covered some do’s and don’ts when dealing with water damage. As you can see, dealing with this problem can be costly and time-consuming. Without the right service, you won’t get all the benefits of this service. However, this is no longer a problem. At Tidal Wave Restoration, we are always at your service. With our community support, affordable price plans, and exceptional customer service, water damage restoration has never been easier. Call us today to learn more about us and our services or get estimates for your next damage restoration.