What Are The Most Common Causes of Leaky Pipes?
Leaky pipes are one of the most common problems that homeowners face. Despite its frequent appearance, most homeowners don’t know some major causes of it. To inform everyone, we gathered some information. Throughout this article, we will go through common causes of leaky pipes and how Tidal Wave Restoration can help. So, let’s start.
Common Causes of Leaky Pipes
Knowing the cause of leaky pipes is the first step to prevent it from happening in the future. Thankfully, there are not many causes. Let’s go over some of them in this section:
- Clogged Pipes: One of the main causes of leaky pipes is when it gets clogged. Over time, material can build in the pipes and prevent the easy flow of water. This causes high pressure within, and if left unattended, the pipe bursts.
- Damaged Seals: Although many factors can be found about leaky pipes, one of the most common but least expected is damaged seals. The seals wear out over time and get damaged. This results in puddles around your fixtures.
- Pipe Corrosion: Just like how clogged pipes affect leaking, corrosion has the same effect. If a pipe is full of rust and corrosion, there are many problems to come across. You can commonly see discoloration of water, slower water flow, and even a taste difference.
- Misalignment of the Pipes: Although this is common, it can be your situation. If, due to the high pressure of water within your water pipes, there is a movement, it can cause misalignment. Another common reason is when the pipes are installed in the initial building process, and the workers can’t install them properly.
- Tree Roots: The most interesting cause of leaky pipes is tree roots. Trees grow their roots in places where they find their nutrients. So, by locating water, the trees will grow their roots in that location. If you have a tree close to your water pipes, it might intrude and result in the water leaking into the ground.
- Fixture Cracks: Sometimes, the problem is not with the pipes but rather the fixture. Check and see under your sink, toilet, or basin to ensure the connection between the pipe and the fixture is secure. Check and see if there is a puddle, and make your inferences there. If you need help, call Tidal Wave Restoration to get your water damage restoration.
Have Leaky Pipes? Tidal Wave Restoration
In this article, we covered some of the main causes of leaky pipes. If you have faced this problem, you most likely know the mess caused by leaks. Well, it is no longer a problem with a professional water damage cleanup service. That’s where we come in. At Tidal Wave Restoration, we are always here for you. With our affordable price plans, exceptional customer line, and community support, water damage removal has never been easier. Call us today to learn more about us and our services, or get estimates for your next water damage service.